At Agroptima we’re developing a SaaS (app+web) made with farmers and for farmers. We have 2500+ customers that use our product to manage and improve their farms. Our vision is to make agriculture more efficient, profitable, and sustainable with data-driven farming.
We work full-remote since 6 years ago and we are advocates of the well-done remote work, which is quite different from the rushed-by-covid remote work. We firmly believe that it is the best way of working and we’ll continue full-remote after the covid limitations.
Doing it well for us means having the right communication tools, ensuring that everything happens online, feeling the human proximity despite the distance (with different types of online social activities within working hours), etc. We are so passionate about it that the women in the team even gave a talk (in Spanish) about it – you can watch it here.
We are looking for a new team member for our mobile app and front-end development team. The main focus and most of the time will be dedicated to the mobile app (React Native) and you’ll be able to develop for the frontend too (Ember.js) depending on the work distribution.
How we work:
- We are 10 people in the engineering team including development, design/UX, QA, product, and a bot named Bender. Do you wanna know a little bit more about us? Here we are! Ferran, Amalia, Laura, Nuria, Quique, Arias, Vero, Pardiez, Vicent, and Tony.
- We do flexible 2-weeks sprints.
- We love pair programming.
- We do peer/mob code reviews.
- We try to apply the design principles of SOLID and Hexagonal Architecture.
- Our mobile app (Android & iOS) uses React Native, MobX state tree, the React Native Maps library, and SQLite.
- Our web app frontend uses Ember.js.
- Our backend uses Python, Django, and PostgreSQL.
- And for infrastructure automation, we use Terraform and Ansible.
What you bring:
- Experience with component-oriented JS frameworks.
- Collaborative person: a humble team player that likes to learn and teach.
- Fluent in Spanish and good written English (we talk in Spanish and write in English).
- Love pair programming.
- Experience or at least interest in testing in JS, ideally TDD.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with more than one JS framework (ideally React Native or Ember.js).
- Knowledge of architecture and design patterns.
- Experience with backend or mobile development.
What we offer:
- True full-remote work in a consolidated distributed team (in different parts of Spain).
- Very flexible calendar and schedule.
- Agile environment.
- 40k ���/year brutto salary initially plus 2,5k € increase for each anniversary at Agroptima.
- 500 €/year training budget: courses, conferences, books…
- Spanish permanent employment contract.
- A good work environment in a very innovative and dynamic company.
- Social online events to keep the human touch remotely: daily 15-min agro-breaks, monthly blind coffees, monthly social hours (leisure activities)… All in working hours!
- 2-3 in-person team events per year, like farm visits, escape rooms, or other leisure activities (with the covid situation we do remote leisure and team-building events!).
We hope that you like this opportunity! Take part in the digitalization of agriculture. Write to us at [email protected]