XING is the leading online business network with 18 million members in German-speaking countries. Workers from every industry use XING to connect with one another, to look for jobs, new hires, projects, cooperation partners, expert advice and business ideas.
We're always looking to hear from engineers who love their craft to help us shape the future – for a better working life! We have offices in various parts of Europe (Hamburg, Munich, Vienna, Barcelona, Porto and, more recently, Valencia).
XING employees come from more than 30 different countries and bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. Some of us studied computer science, while others come from other fields or don't even have a degree-level qualification. The key common ingredient is a willingness to learn and grow.
For our Engineering Office in Valencia, we are looking for a Fullstack Engineer to support the growth of a consolidated team. Join our fast growing cross-functional and international teams in Valencia and have an impact on new products for XING.
A challenging task:
- As a FullStack Developer your activities consist of programming and testing our application
- You will discuss and implement innovative solutions closely with your team and business analysts as well as internal and external partners
- You build and maintain the back-end and integrate this with the front-end
- You will specify what is needed in the back-end and build these functionalities
- You will tackle engineering challenges that come with building scalable systems (highly availability, low latency and high throughput)
- You will be working in an agile team with a focus on sharing knowledge with your colleagues sitting next to you or on the other side of Europe
A convincing background:
- Experience with developing and maintaining applications in Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of React
- Experience working with both front-end and back-end development
- Experience with building scalable systems
- Effective communication with technical and non-technical people
- Enthusiasm for taking complex problems and simplifying them for end users
- Attention to detail; you believe a job worth doing is worth doing right
- Demonstrable pragmatism; a commitment to getting things done while understanding the tradeoffs being made
- You are familiar with agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts.
- You are fluent in English.
An inspiring environment
Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow, a great, multicultural and diverse environment, regular innovation weeks, flexible working hours and some days “work from home”, restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more, English/ German lessons, a mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…), extended holidays, competitive salary and a permanent contract, large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users, a variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Go, Scala, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, Java, ReactJS, Cassandra, Hadoop, MySQL, Swift, Kotlin...
If you think you are a good fit for the position, send your updated CV in English to [email protected]
Más información de la oferta en https://www.new-work.se/en/career/vacancies/job/fullstack-engineer-m-f-x-770927.