Who are we?
Let’s face it - finding a place to live in ranges from moderately painful to abysmal. Taking time off work for multiple viewings, competition for the best properties, and relentless admin fees make the process time consuming, lengthy and complicated. At Spotahome, we are on a mission to reinvent the property rental experience by making it transparent, instant, and exciting. Loved at last: Unreal estate.
We’re an online marketplace offering anyone, anywhere a comprehensive listing of apartments, rooms, studios, and student residences in the city of their choice. Our home checkers personally check thousands of rooms taking professional photos, HD video tours and designing floor plans, so potential tenants can find their new home 100% remotely.
At Spotahome we love creating Product and developing Technology to be closer to our users and provide the best Experience possible. We are looking for a skilled developer with a strong technical understanding and entrepreneurial mindset who loves solving new and challenging problems. The ideal developer is used to owning his work and diving across the different parts of a software solution in order to delight his customers.
You should be able to work on medium-size distributed web platforms with microservices and different technologies, moving easily between backend and frontend to create and improve a complete user experience affecting the full lifecycle of the product you are working on. You must be able to communicate technical ideas and move seamlessly from backend to frontend combining different technologies in an agile environment.
Spotahome has raised a total of $72 million in capital. It is a private series B company backed by Kleiner Perkins, Passion Capital and Seaya Ventures as main investors. Investors also include Travis Kalanick (Uber), Drew Houston (Dropbox), Jeremy Stoppelman (Yelp), Arthur Kosten (Booking.com), amongst others. Since launching in 2014, this year 2021 we plan to achieve profitability and become a sustainable yet hyper growing company. The rental market in Europe is worth $500B per year… and it is waiting for a revolution!
What would you be doing?
- Being a problem solver, and able to design and implement end to end software solutions to help our users have a seamless experience when searching for new homes and booking the place they love
- Writing reusable and testable code and participating in code reviews
- Developing and maintaining great software with emphasis on reliability and quality
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Learning fast and teaching other engineers
Right now we use
- Our product is built on a distributed platform composed of several microservices, that applies hexagonal architecture and domain driven design principles, among others
- Our backend layer is mainly developed using modern PHP7.2 for our microservices (most of them based on Symfony framework) and our frontend layer uses NodeJS, GraphQL and React. We also count on a native application developed using React Native and our data engineering stack also includes services in Python and Scala.
- We use Cypress for running our e2e tests after every contribution to our frontend projects, and Behat for doing so in our APIs.
- All our platform is orchestrated using Kubernetes and we apply Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery to ship code fast to Production several times a day while having all the operations under control
- At Spotahome we know that Open Source is key, and have open sourced some projects and more are in the pipeline to be shared with the community in the future
What we value
- BS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent tech/science fields.
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design).
- Deep understanding and real experience in object-oriented programming.
- Work experience in modern distributed web platforms.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in software development
- Experience in fast-paced startups.
- Experience with modern engineering operations and best practices including version control, coding standards, code reviews, testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems directly exposed to customers on web and mobile platforms.
- Strong systems engineering and experience working with distributed and enterprise-wide systems, including AWS and Docker/K8s ecosystem.
- Understanding of SOLID principles and software architectural patterns, such as hexagonal architecture.
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to express technical ideas to colleagues, technical teams and senior management to collect product requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective software engineers.
- Ability to influence other software engineers about best practices.
- Be mission-driven, and focus always on the end user.
- Participate in open source projects.
- We believe in rewarding hard work with competitive compensation packages and equity based on well-structured roles and levels.
- We have a focus on continuous personal development and love learning. For this reason, we have an always-growing internal training plan per competencies to spread this knowledge, as well as access to some courses or learning platforms.
- We have total flexibility around working hours. We want you to be in the frame of mind to do your best work
- Currently we are all working full-remote from home, but we plan to open new workplaces in sunny Madrid when the context is more friendly, so we all can gather when necessary.
- We care about your health and wellbeing - we provide excellent medical insurance with copayment.
- We love getting to know our team outside the busy working hours - our (now full-remote) social events at special dates are a great place to do so with team dynamics and informal conversations.
Our people and culture
- We were international from the start. Our four founding partners lived all over the world before getting together to create Spotahome and we’re now a team of over 25 different nationalities.
- We live for the customer and embrace simplicity, we trust in trust and constantly innovate - we truly believe in our mission to make renting as simple and fast as getting a coffee.
Here at Spotahome we’re passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
Everyone is welcome, we don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or belief, gender or gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best selves to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let us know.
Sueldo35K€ - 45K€
Envia un correo a [email protected] con tu CV o LinkedIn
Más información de la oferta en https://bit.ly/3h5bGR2.