XING is the leading online business network with 18 million members in German-speaking countries. Workers from every industry use XING to connect with one another, to look for jobs, new hires, projects, cooperation partners, expert advice and business ideas.
We're always looking to hear from engineers who love their craft to help us shape the future – for a better working life! We have offices in various parts of Europe (Hamburg, Munich, Vienna, Barcelona, Porto and, more recently, Valencia).
XING employees come from more than 30 different countries and bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. Some of us studied computer science, while others come from other fields or don't even have a degree-level qualification. The key common ingredient is a willingness to learn and grow.
For our Engineering Office in Valencia, we are looking for a Software Engineer Backend (Ruby) to support the growth of a consolidated team. Join our fast growing cross-functional and international teams in Valencia and have an impact on new products for XING.
A challenging task:
- You are able to write clean code in a Ruby on Rails environment.
- Prometheus and Grafana for metrics and alerting.
- CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, deployed to Kubernetes clusters hosted in our data centres in Amsterdam.
- Kafka and RabbitMQ as message queues, the former is now increasingly used for event-driven systems.
- Different databases for different needs: MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB, Elastic Search...
- GraphQL (implemented in Scala & Sangria) for our mobile and web APIs.
A convincing background:
- You care about the craft of software development and strive to build testable, predictable and simple code.
- You want to tackle the engineering challenges that come with building systems at scale (highly available, low latency and high throughput).
- You are curious and interested in learning new languages and frameworks.
- You have a good sense of humour and keep calm in difficult situations.
- You value transparency, honesty, humility and helping your teammates grow.
An inspiring environment:
Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow, a great, multicultural and diverse environment, regular innovation weeks, flexible working hours and some days “work from home”, restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more, English/ German lessons, a mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…), extended holidays, competitive salary and a permanent contract, large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users, a variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Go, Scala, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, Java, ReactJS, Cassandra, Hadoop, MySQL, Swift, Kotlin...
If you think you are a good fit for the position, send your updated CV in English to [email protected]
Más información de la oferta en https://www.new-work.se/en/career/vacancies/job/software-engineer-backend-m-f-x-770872.